Passive Fire Protection (PFP) Consultancy
Caledonian Fire Safety Solutions Ltd provides an independent, expert consultancy service to ensure passive fire protection compliance is achieved at all stages of a premises life cycle.
Passive Fire Protection (PFP) is an important component of any fire safety strategy. The inspection of PFP forms part of a fire risk assessment under the Fire Scotland Act 2005 & Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
PFP is ultimately designed to protect life by ensuring an adequate means of escape is provided from a building in the event of a fire. It does so by limiting the spread and the effects of fire through the use of fire safety systems such as compartmentation which can be developed using methods such as specialised fire resistant materials, doors, glazing, walls, ceilings, floors and ducts.
These features will only perform effectively if they have been designed, installed and maintained properly. However, the fire resistant capabilities of a building post construction can be seriously compromised by:
- Change of building use or occupancy;
- Structural modifications due to building maintenance, renovation or refurbishment;
- Installation of new mechanical or electrical services.
As the ‘responsible person’, you are duty bound to ensure the safe passage of people travelling along designated escape routes from fire and the effects of fire, which is achieved by legislatively compliant passive fire protection.
Steel Construction with an intumescent coating
Protecting the integrity and load bearing capacity of the steel beams when exposed to heat from a fire incident.
To ensure PFP is properly designed, installed and maintained in your building, Caledonian Fire Safety Solutions Ltd offer an independent, impartial and confidential Passive Fire Protection consultancy service.
This comprehensive service, carried out by our highly experienced consultants, includes a review of all necessary documentation and, where necessary, an appropriate inspection of the key Passive Fire Protection systems.
You will be issued with a report summarising the key findings and conclusions, together with a prioritised action plan detailing any remedial work required.
Caledonian Fire Safety Solutions Ltd will ensure compliance to the latest legislation and guidance.
Building (Procedure) (Scotland) Regulations 2004 – Technical Handbook 2017 Non-Domestic – Fire;
“Every building must be designed and constructed in such a way that in the event of an outbreak of fire within the building, fire and smoke are inhibited from spreading beyond the compartment of origin until any occupants have had the time to leave that compartment and any fire containment measures have been initiated”
Why appoint Caledonian Fire Safety Solutions Ltd?
- Our consultancy service is independent, impartial and confidential;
- All projects are carried out by highly experienced consultants with a wide range of technical competencies;
- Our consultants are fully conversant with the Fire Scotland Act 2005 & Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006;
- We provide consultancy on all building types on behalf of public and private sector clients;
- We can provide advice at all stages (pre & post construction / remedial work);
- Our consultants will assess the quality of the initial fire door installations or any other PFP installations before handover to ensure your site complies with Building Regulations and satisfies your insurer’s requirements.
- Our consultants will also assess any remedial works that may be required following any non-compliant installations.
Speak with one of our Fire Safety Consultants today-